Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Give Thanks

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have a fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for you:
No automatic alt text available.
I have to say that I think these are my favorite types of challenge because there are so many options!  I used the middle column (autumn colors, stitching: faux, and buttons.  I also used leaves, twine and thanks)
I almost always use a sketch for my cards, but this one came together in my head and I really like how it turned out.  The ribbon, which is really more of an olive green though it looks kind of like gray, was what I started with as it was on my desk and I have had it for a really long time.  The kraft layer was cut out with a stitched die and then I stamped the leaf image repeatedly around the edge (as I knew the center would  be covered up.  On the focal panel, I stamped the music background with Creamy Caramel.  It didn't stamp evenly, but that kind of added to the more rustic look I was going for.  Then I inked the leaf with yellow and sponged orange around the edges before stamping it.  I inked the edges of the panel with the Creamy Caramel and distressed them with my scissors.  I die cute the "thanks" twice and layered them together.  Before I adhered them to the card, I stamped the word give and then adhered the "thanks".  I added the ribbon and then checked the tic-tac-toe board and realized I needed to add a button.  Luckily, I had a good place for it!  The torn mulberry paper adds a soft touch and finishes it all off.
I hope you will play along with us this week; I'm looking forward to seeing what you create using our board.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Falling Leaves", "Sheet Music", "Maple Leaf Sil." and "Thanks Cling Set"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle; Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics A" rectangle; Simon Says Stamp "Painted Thanks"

Challenges:
Creative Craft Cottage #99--buttons and/or bows
Simon Says Stamp Monday--Thanks/thanksgiving
Crazy 4 Challenges #410--layer it up
Hiding In My Craft Room #325--fall colors
Cardz TV #20--anything goes
Creative Fingers #140--anything goes
A Bit More Time To Craft #55--anything goes
Crop Stop Challenge--anything goes
Dies R Us #84--anything Fall
Creative Sketchy #17--autumn
Divas That Cut--thankful
Creative with Stamps #261--thankful

Cards Galore #46--anything goes
Sugar Pea Designs #37--sketch or photo (I was inspired by the leaves and the fall colors)

Cuttlebug Mania--thanks

15 comments:

Donna said...

This is beautiful Heather, like the multilayers and how the leaf is just edged with ink, very classy!

Patti J said...

Wowzers, Heather - this is beautiful!!! Love it! Great job on the fun challenge :)

Esther Asbury said...

Tic Tac Toe challenges ARE a lot of fun! So many great details in your beautiful card....the music background, the mulberry paper, the leaf stamped background -- it all goes together so nicely to create one lovely fall card! Thanks so much for linking this up to Cropstop! I hope we'll see more of your creativity in the gallery this month!

Arlene said...

Wonderful Fall Thank You card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Heather, love all the layers you created, thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Ardyth said...

Fantastic autumn/thanksgiving card! Love the warmth of the colours! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea!

Lilian said...

Beautiful! Love the touch of mulberry paper!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

laurie said...

Love your layers...such a pretty fall card!Thanks for playing along with us at Dies R Us, so happy you joined us!

Cheri said...

Wow, Heather....you took this challenge to another level with this card. I love how this came up in your head...it's stunning. Beautiful work on that bg, it sets the whole card up.

Laurie Unger said...

Love what you did with the maple leaf stamp! Awesome job with TTT Challenge.

DeBe said...

A beautiful Autumnal card. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes November Challenge. Good luck! Denyse x

Gwendolyn said...

What a a wonderful card Heather, I simply love everything about it! I especially love how you only stamped the edges of the leaf and that Mulberry paper was just the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation over at Creative with Stamps and we hope to see more of them again! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Maria Valente said...

Beautiful card, Heather! Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps Challenge this month!
Hugs

Monika Reeck said...

I really love that kind of paper behind the main Image
the Font of the THANKS is cool
lovely autumn color too
beautifully made Heather
many thanks to joining our challenge at Creative with Stamps this month
Hugs
Monika (DT)

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)