Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Masculine Birthdays

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another challenge from The House That Stamps Built and this week, it's a nice easy one: Anything Goes!  We know how much everyone loves those!  A couple months ago, I started sending out cards to people at our church for birthdays, get well, etc.  I figured I had LOTS of cards sitting around that I had made and this would be a great way to use them AND brighten some days at the same time.  Which is great for the women as I have lots of girly cards, but now I also have a lot of men that I need cards for and I don't have so many of them hanging around.  This week, I had several male birthdays to make cards for.  This first one is for my husband's grandfather.
 I stamped the image in versamark and heat embossed it with white powder.  Then I sponged on some blue ink; love how it turned out!  After I dry embossed the blue panel, I sponged on some darker blue ink to really bring out the texture.
 Since this is a square card, I needed to create an envelope with my envelope punch board and I finished it off by stamping the same image from the card.
And here is card #2:
I've had this hot air balloon stamp (yes, all three balloons are part of one stamp, I just cut them apart after stamping) for quite a while and had yet to ink it up.  This seemed the perfect opportunity and I knew they would look fabulous paper pieced.  And they do!!  (It's also a great way to use small scraps)  I had the clouds already cut out in my bits and pieces stash and they were the perfect embellishments.  I really love how this one turned out, too.
I hope you will get a chance to play along with us this week, I can't wait to see what you have created.  And remember if you "need" any of the stamps I have used, I have a 10% off your entire order coupon in my left sidebar.

Card #1:
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Bass Harbor Light (lg.)" and "Birthday"
Dies/embossing folders: Spellbinders "Classic Circles, large"; Darice "Damask" embossing folder
Card Stock  and Ink: SU! "Brocade Blue" and "Night of Navy"

Challenges:
Come And Get It--embossing (both heat AND dry)
Cardz TV #2-anything goes
A Bit More Time To Craft #44--anything goes
Crafty Catz #371--anything goes with twist: more than 2 layers
Cute Card Thursday #478--brads (star brads)
Little Miss Muffet #163--anything goes
Crafter's Cafe #173--birthday
Scrapper's Delights #66--anything goes
Love To Craft Challenge Blog#10--anything goes
Cheerful Sketches--sketch


Card #2:
Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Hot Air Balloon Cluster" and "Birthday"
Dies: Spellbinders banner and border die; Paper Smooches "Cute Clouds"

Challenges:
Hiding In My Craft Room #301--masculine
Creative Fingers #130--anything goes
Aud Sentiments #180--anything goes with a sentiment
Inspiration Destination #128--anything goes
Creative Inspirations #275--anything goes
Stamplorations theme and sketch--theme: stamps & alphabets AND sketch

Open-Minded Challenge #11--Mighty Men in May
Tuesday Throwdown #304--anything goes

20 comments:

joy said...

Both of these are beautiful cards. I love the lighthouse and how you have framed it.

Donna said...

Wow both stunning masculine cards! Like the effect of the embossing and springing on the lighthouse and the balloon card is just stunning, I just got those!

Esther Asbury said...

I love the way your all blue card turned out with the embossing and sponging! What a lovely masculine card!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow - two cards today! Awesome. Both of these are stunning masculine cards!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

This is gorgeous, such a fabulous card as masculine cards are so hard to make, thanks for joining us at Scrappers Delight and good luck with your entry. Wendy DT xx https://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/blog-challenge-66-and-winners.html

Deb said...

FAbulous cards, love those star brads!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with great embossing. Love the matching envelope too.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches ánd LMMS.
xxx Margreet

Naomi Johnson said...

Fabulous couple of cards. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Glittered Paws said...

Love both of these cards - and I think I see mulberry paper - just a slight edge on the first card. Love the shading you did on this one. And doing the happy dance with the hot air balloon card - as I just got this stamp and am so anxious to play with it. Good idea to cut it apart.

Bunny said...

Beautiful blue birthday card. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Patti J said...

Wow! These are wonderful man cards! You've been very busy, my friend! Thanks for the great inspiration!

Billie A said...

Both cards are beautiful. Great masculine cards So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Stampavie and More

Angie said...

What a beautiful simple card - love the Light house card, great effect.
Thank you for joining us at Scrapper’s Delights Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry.
Angie DT http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.com

Gail said...

I adore this lighthouse card. Thanks for saying how you did it as it is stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet. --Gail

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine cards and great stamps--Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft
Carol DT x

cass said...

Wonderful Birthday cards. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Birthdays" challenge.

Julie B said...

Well I wouldn't have believed these 3 hotair balloons were from one stamp, great job!
Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. :)

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card.Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie-DT

Cheri said...

You are once busy lady making cards, Heather. These are fabulous, I really love the lighthouse card and I'm sure your hubby's grandfather will keep it forever. Loved the envelope too.

Unknown said...

Great male cards, both of them! I love the hot air balloon card with its greens and blues and it's simply fabulous how you've created the dimensional effects for the clouds and balloons. Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck! Hope to see you back again soon.

Hanne, DT
Handmade By Hanne