Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Life's a Beach

Well, Hello!  It's time for another What If? Wednesday challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week is a Designer's Choice and Deonna has chosen the challenge of using at least 2 stamps.
This week it feels like summer is hitting us full swing!  Yeay!!  Last night I went for a walk on the sea wall with my good friend and today my sister and I took my three girls on a "field trip" to walk on the Cliff Walk, so I definitely have the beach and ocean on my mind.  This time of year is the best time to live in/around a beach community.  Anyway, I digress.  I started out by using my clear block and some aqua mist ink with a spritz of water to create my "sky".  I did the same with Creamy Caramel ink for my "sand".  Then I stamped my sandcastle with a dark brown and used the Creamy Caramel with my SU! blender pen to watercolor the sandcastle.  I used Grout Gray to stamp my clouds in the sky.  I used the aqua mist again to sponge around the edges of my second layer to tie in the colors and then distressed the edges for a less perfect feel.  I ended up using 4 stamps: Sandcastle, clouds, sand dollar and sentiment.  Thanks for stopping by, I hope you get a chance to play along.  Hop on over to The House blog for all the details and to see what the rest of the DT has done with this challenge.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Sandcastle", "Clouds", "Sand Dollar" and "Life's A Beach"
Inks: SU! Creamy Caramel; PTI Aqua Mist; MFT Grout Gray and Chocolate Brown

Challenges:
Where The HeART Is #10--anything goes
The Paper Girls #105--the great outdoors
Hiding in My Craft Room #253--summer colors (the colors of the sand and sea)
Sweet Stamps--anything goes





8 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Such a peaceful card! Oh i love the beach too!

Flo said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love how you colored the sky and then subtly added the clouds by using gray--very clever, soft and lovely.

Jenscrapstoo said...

Wonderful card!!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Laurie Unger said...

Loving this - so summery.

Glittered Paws said...

What a great card - reminds me of the beach - love the sand dollar in the left corner.

Cheri said...

Absolutely love how you created the sky and sand background. It works so well with the sandcastle. Your clouds came out perfectly. Love this card, Heather.

Patti J said...

Such a beautiful, serene scene! Great card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, how gorgeous! Love the sand and sky. Thanks for joining us over at Mojo Monday!