Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Fun Friends


Hi!  I was asked to be a guest designer for Crafting by Designs for this week's challenge: Getting Ready for Christmas.  I make more Christmas cards than any other kind, so this challenge was perfect for me.  Here is my card for your inspiration:
Oooo . . . aren't they so cute??  I was looking for a ribbon to use as the divider between the two patterned papers and I came across this bit of chocolate seam binding that was just the right length!  I found what I needed AND used up some ribbon that wouldn't have been enough for much else.  Love it when that happens!!  Thanks for stopping by, I hope you will get a chance to play along with us at Crafting By Designs and get a jump start on those Christmas cards.

Challenges:
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #233--anything goes with snippets (my ribbon, and all the die cuts were cut from snippets and the blue dotted paper was a scrap.  Only the green card stock and the gingerbread man paper were from full sheets)
YNS #41--sketch
YNSSketch41
Open Minded Crafting Fun #6--season/holidays
Hiding In My Craft Room #254--super scraps Saturday
Crafty Catz #328--animal magic (the magical reindeer)
C.R.A.F.T. #367--inspired by a film (the cartoon "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer")
Christmas @ Sweet Stampin'--warm winter clothing (the snowman's hat and scarf, and Santa's hat)
Sparkles #65--use 2 dies

Supplies:
Stamps: YNS "Holiday Snow Globe"
Dies: Repeat Impressions "Flip Fancy Die Set"; Verve "Flag It"

12 comments:

Di said...

Hi Heather! I'm so with you about the making more Christmas cards than any others - besides which, I adore Christmas :)-

This is a lovely card, super use of snippets and I just adore the little characters - the paper you used goes so well too!

Hugs

Di xx

Sheryl said...

This is such a cheery card. I love those images and fab DP.
Thanks for joining in the fun at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Mary said...

Heather, I do like your sweet images. and I really think Polka dot paper is the perfect addition for any card. Very nice use of dies. Thank you for entering the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

Jane Willis said...

So very, very sweet and a great way to use up snippets. Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Christmas
Jane

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Such a great card. Glad to have you joining us at Crafting By Designs.

Emma - Design Team Member

Corrie said...

Congrats on the Guest spot, that is such a nice card


Corrie
HIMCR DT

Sandra H said...

This is just the cutest card ever and just perfect for our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "To use TWO DIE'S" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Lynda said...

So sweet, I love it. xx Thankyou for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun for our 'Holiday/Seasons' challenge. Hope you join us again Lynda DT xx

Tracy Penney said...

I am definitely not ready to dig out my Christmas stamps yet. Nice work on tapping into that holiday spirit for this adorable card. Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at Your Next Stamp.

Cindy said...

Super cute Christmas card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz.

Marilyn said...

Fabulous card Heather and I really like the set of images you used.
Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and I do hope you'll join us again.
Marilyn S

Unknown said...

So cute Christmas card! Great images and lovely take on that sketch. I love those die cuts too!
Thanks for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck! Hope to see you soon again.

Hanne, DT