Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dream

Happy Wednesday!!  It's time for another What If? Wednesday challenge from The House That Stamps Built.  This week we have an inspiration photo for you:
Fun, isn't it?  Well, I don't have any heron (or bird other than a cardinal) stamps from Repeat Impressions so I had to get creative.  So, since I live in a beach area, and these are the types of birds we might see in the marshy areas, I went with a beach theme.  I started with a dark gray base to pull in the color of the bird, than I added a woodgrain embbossed layer to capture the feel of the planks and the light background of the photo.
I added in some kraft card stock stamped with the sand dollar image to pull in the color of the wood.  And then I created a little beach scene with a water colored background, some stately palms and the word "Dream" which is part of a much longer sentiment (on Monday, I will be showing how I mask my sentiments on The House blog for my Project of The Week).  I hope you get a chance to play along, I can't wait to see how this photo has inspired you.  And make sure you head over to The House blog, because the rest of the team did a fabulous job with this challenge!

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Sand Dollar", "Dreams Take Flight", and "Large Palm Trees"
Dies: Spellbinders "Matting Basics A" rectangle; MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle
Darice Woodgrain embossing folder

Challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown #298--watercolor
Simon Says Stamp Monday--world traveler
Sketch Saturday #416-sketch

Open Minded Crafting Fun #6--seasons/holidays (summer)
Addicted to CAS #90--aloha
Creative Fingers #109--anything goes
Brown Sugar Challenge #202--inspiration photo

Creative Inspirations #65--spring into summer
The Paper Girls #105--the great outdoors


12 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Great take on the photo inspiration.

Susan said...

Great way to combine the challenges! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Terri Winske said...

Great job on your watercolor card......this looks like a place I want to be!! Thank you for sharing at Tuesday Throwdown challenge!

Angie said...

Thanks for joining our Challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Dreamy and soft! Thank you for sharing your card at ATCAS!

Creations by Shirl said...

Great card! TFS it with Brown Sugar Challenge~

Cheri said...

You are top of the heap when it comes to creativity, Heather! This is such a great card!

Patti J said...

Beautiful job with the photo inspiration, Heather!!! Love that you utilitzed the sketch with our challenge, too! Great job :)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Heather! I love how you added texture to the background, too! So happy you played along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

suzanne2 said...

lovely summer card, the embossing looks great! thank you for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight.
Suzanne x

Sandy said...

Lovely CAS style card. Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge
Hugs, Sandy DT

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a sweet CAS card. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us for our challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
Lynn, OMCF DT