Friday, July 4, 2014

Silent Night

Hello, all!  Happy 4th of July!  I hope you all have a fabulous holiday!  Since it's Friday, it's time for another challenge from Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.  This week the challenge is to use your favorite color combo.  Our Sponsor is Emma Canning with her fabulous and adorable "Flat Friends" images.  I have a confession to make: I did not use my favorite color combo.  Nope, sorry.  But since it is the 4th of July, I HAD to use the red, white and blue combo.  See, it works for Christmas, too. (I have actually used if for Christmas cards before, and I do really like it--it's something different).
 I got to work with this adorable little deer.  He's so cute!  I did really have to resist coloring his nose red and making him into Rudolf. : )  When I received the image, I was a little unsure how to work with it, because there are two flowers with foliage growing by his feet, and these are not winter flowers people. So, I colored them with a straw brown color to simulate hay/dried grass and then added a little picket fence in front that mostly covers them up.  So, now I have an image that can be used for summer/spring AND winter.  I printed out a second image and used it as a mask so I could sponge in the winter sun and the hills.  Then I splatted on some white paint to make a gently falling snow storm.
So, now it's time to play along.  I can't wait to see what your favorite color combinations are; maybe I will get some new favorites myself.

Challenges:
Twisted Tuesdays #79--red, white, and blue with the twist of stars (my stars are small--in the blue border die cut)
Fab n' Funky #222--Christmas in July
The Squirrel and the Fox #73--Christmas in July
Christmas Card #31--anything goes
Card Mania #50--circles (I used a circle die cut, circles on my top paper and the blue enamel dots)
 
Sweet Stamps #176--dreaming of snow
Loves Rubberstamps #110--anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown #202--anything goes
Shopping Our Stash #158--red, white & blue
V's Sweet Ideas #25--red, white & blue
One Sweet Challenge--red, white & blue
Crafter's Cafe #70--red, white, blue

Supplies:
Stamps: Emma Canning "Deer Scene" digi;
Dies: Spellbinders classic circles, large; PTI "Fancy Flakes"; Verve "Scalloped Trim Trio" star border die; Sweet n' Sassy fence die


12 comments:

Donna B. said...

Very sweet card - cute reindeer! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

Donna said...

Red white and blue AND Christmas!! Awesome!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "red white and blue" challenge!

Karen (karey2005) said...

So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

Jessi Fogan said...

How totally adorable, Heather! I just love that little deer :) Thanks so much for coming to play at both Shopping our Stash & Tuesday Morning Sketches! Your card will be featured on the TMS Facebook page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh so adorable!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Fabiola said...

ta scène est magnifique Heather, une vrai merveille d'hiver, j'adore, nobiz

Melissa Craig said...

Very sweet! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Dangina Martinez said...

Such a beautiful design! Love everything about it!Thanks so so much for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this time around!
Hugs, DT Dangina

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a charming Christmas card. Great layout and lovely card design. Thanks for joining in our Christmas challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. We hope you'll join us for the next challenge too and good luck. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Sheri Gilson said...

Very sweet Christmas card!

Lisa Lara said...

This is so sweet and beautiful Heather.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card. Love the darling image, the coloring... the fence looks great.