Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dancing

Good morning, all.  This fortnight the challenge on The Lollipop Ladies' blog is inspired by this photo
Rock candy
with the optional challenge of music.
Today (Thursday) is my day to post so this is my take on the challenge.
Now, being American (though maybe some of you out there are) I am not familiar with this candy, but for whatever reason, the pink and black really stood out to me in that maze of color.  So, that's what I went with, adding a little bit of blue for contrast.  And my use of music is subtle, but there in the sentiment.  I had a totally different card in mind when I started out, but somehow it turned into this.
You still have a plenty of time to play along, the challenge ends Tuesday the 2nd.  (And I'll tell you a secret: right now there are only 3 entries, so you'd have a really good chance of winning!)  So, hop on over to The Lollipop Ladies blog and check out all the details.  Let's see how this candy inspires you.

Challenges:
Brown Sugar #34--anything goes
Eureka #32--It's in the words
Supplies:
Stamps: Verve "Beautiful You"
Dies/punches: spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight; ovals and scalloped ovals large (I cut the scalloped oval in half and added it to the back of the filigree piece to give it more presence); Martha Stewart butterfly punch; Sizzix Botanicals embossing folder

8 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Heather: This is a gorgeous card, and I'm so glad you've shared it with us this week at Eureka Stamps in our "It's In The Words" Challenge. I hope you will also stop by and share it at Word Art Wednesday - always Anything Goes. We have 11 prizes up for grabs this week. Would LOVE to have you play along!
Blessings,
Karen
Eureka Stamps
Word Art Wednesday - www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

Susan Hogan said...

Great card - I love the embossing folder and the sentiment is wonderful. Yes, those colours jumped at me too but I went for the yellow and black - the yellow was there and I do too many things in pink as it is!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card.

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the embossed BG and the beautiful die cut frame!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Qie said...

Wow... just stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Brown Sugar

Kristie Maynard said...

Very nice! Pretty words, thanks for joining the Eureka! Stamps challenge this week.

Jessi Fogan said...

oooh, love the embossing on the pink! That's gorgeous! So glad you could play along with my sketch! Good luck :)

Melissa Craig said...

Very pretty card Heather. Love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.