Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Anything But a Card

 There are a couple of challenges out there this week that are "Anything But a Card", so I'm taking a leap and entering this necklace and earrings set I just finished this morning.  I have had these short (7-8 inch) pieces of beading wire sitting on my desk for months.  I didn't want to throw them out, but couldn't quite decide what to use them for since they are too short for a traditional bracelet length.  Just about the time I saw the idea in a magazine, I thought they would be perfect for beaded circles.  I don't use seed beads often, but need them every once in a while and therefore have a decent collection.  And I had this piece of seaglass lying around needing to be used too.  And voila, the necklace was born.  And I used up all but one of those short pieces of wire!
Challenges:
Tuesday Alchemy--Anything But a Card

2 comments:

Saumya said...

Wooow...this is really an awesome use of those short pieces of wire Heather!!! Very well put together....thanks for sharing your creation with us this week at the Tuesday Alchemy "Anything but a Card"

Lauren T said...

Fantastic idea. It's always good when you can use up scraps.

I would like to invite you to take part in our challenges over at The Lollipop Ladies- http://thelollipopladies.blogspot.com.au/ I would love to see your take on our current challenge of pineapples.