Saturday, May 12, 2012

brother

This may be one of my favorite cards ever!  You know when all the papers and elements just fall together.  I don't usually have "fun" patterned papers, but I won a couple Basic Gray packs and LOVE the patterns.  I used the Mojo Monday #240 sketch, the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge to use something natural on your card (I used twine) and the Frosted Designs challenge to use lacing on your project (I pierced holes and laced twine through them on the main sentiment panel).  I was acutally making this card for someone else, but I loved it so much I knew I had to make it for my brother (even though his birthday isn't until July).  The "happy" and "birthday" are both from SU!'s "Flexible Phrases) and the "Brother" is from Verve "World's Greatest".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your card too!! I have all boys and love boy-friendly paper and embellishments!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!!

Miesje said...

Very pretty card - I think it looks fun too! Thanks for joining us at SSIC. Hope to see you again soon!

Unknown said...

There is nothing like the "family ties" of a brother! I love the way you incorporated the lacing on your card! Thank you for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!

Sassy said...

You are right - everything did fall together perfectly! Sweet card! Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs.