Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Christmas slider

I made this card with a technique I have never tried before: a slider card. I might try it again. It was fun but I made it more difficult than it needed to be by trying to create it while using the sketch from Mojo Monday #228. Something a little less layered might make it easier. : ) Oh well, live and learn, right. I'm also using the Crafty Hazelnut's Challenge #59: use an angel or fairy image (and remember, it has to be a Christmas project). I found this adorable angel ornament image here and colored it with colored pencils, gold pen and glitter pen on the wings. I almost had a disaster as I left the image in my paper cutter after I had cut out something else from the sheet of paper. My littlest said, "Mama, what's this?" as she swiped the blade right across the image!!!!! Luckily, she's only 3 and didn't push down hard, so she only lightly scored through the image instead of cutting it!









Papers: DCWV


Dies/punches: Spellbinders Labels one, standard circles large, classic scalloped circles large; fiskars border punch, Oval dies from Verve.


Stamps: "Holiday Cheer" Verve's Ornamental Christmas, slider sentiment Su!'s Versatile Verses.




2 comments:

Hazel said...

Love the slider card - and the cute angel image - good job your little one couldn't press any harder on that cutter! - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 59 - hope to see you again soon. x

Lisa Lara said...

I've never tried this either. This turned out fabulous!