Monday, January 16, 2012

Special Grandmother



Happy Valentine's Day to my special Grandmother! I'm getting a little bit of a head start, but it really is only a month away! I used this week's Viva La Verve sketch, the Delightful Challenge to use Pink/Black/Silver, and the Pixie Cottage #63 challenge to use stitching. I used a wide combination of stamps on this one. Definitely mix and match. The base layer was stamped with the background stamp Soft Swirls from SU!, the next layer uses Timeless Textures from Skipping Stones Design, third layer uses a French script stamp from Hero Arts, the sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy's "Special", and the heart and the stitches are from Verve's "Text Objects."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Corgeous card, the colours of it is very inusual but stunning.
Thank you for playing at The Pixie Cottage this week. We hope to see you in the next challenges.
Francy

Mary Lou said...

Wow I love this Heather!!! Very very sweet with all the wonderful layers!!! Happy day to you and thanks so very much for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!!
Hugz

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Gorgeous card, love all the layering and pretty colors. Thanks so much for playing at THE PIXIE COTTAGE and DELIGHTFUL CHALLENGES this time:)

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi Heather,
Don't you just love sketch challenges? lol I always pick one before I start designing otherwise I would be there allll day trying to decide what to do lol. I love the colours you have used which go perfectly with our Pink, black & silver challenge at Delightful Challenges. You have done a great job and your Grandmother is going to be so pleased :)
Keep up the great creating :)
Hugs
Lisa W
(Dreamtime Designs)

P.S I have blog candy if you're interested
http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com