Monday, May 30, 2011

Word's Best Dad

This is the inspiration photo for this week's Off The Wall Craftiness challenge to use blue, brown, and white on your paper creation. I made a box for my husband for Father's Day (don't know what I'll put in it yet) using the Creative Card Candy template from My Time Made Easy which fullfilled the Timeless Tuesday #119 challenge to create a bag or box and the JUGS #86 challenge to create a 3-D Father's Day project. I used the Pretty Pattern #11 sketch (from My Time Made Easy) for the top of my box. My husband is a carpenter, so this faux wood background (following this technique by Gina K) was perfect and I have been wanting to try it for a while. I used the Labels 5 and Labels 4 dies to create the frame around my sentiment which uses stamps from Verve's "World's Greatest".

The "button" which you can see better in the second photo I created using aluminum tape embossed with cuttlebug's snowflake folder then die cut using PTI's Buttons #1 die. Unfortunately, the embossing flattened a bit doing it in this order, so I would cut then emboss if I did it again which I probably will. It created a really fun textured button.

















5 comments:

Benzi said...

What a cool box for your carpentry hubby. The faux wood is fab. Also, I like your button even if you think you would do it differently next time. Looks good.

Andrea M said...

Oh Heather!!! This is so FABULOUS! It seriously looks like wood! An awesome Father's Day gift box! LOVE this girl! Thanks so much for playing along with the JUGS template/3D challenge! We appreciate your constant support!

Dana Gustafson said...

Totally classy dad gift and that embossed button rocks! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us girls this week.

Tenia Nelson said...

What a lovely project!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love that you made a box and your use of the colors are wonderful. So creative. Thanks so much for joining us at OTWC.