Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Peace!

I am slowly accomplishing my goal of having my Christmas cards finished in plenty of time for Christmas this year: I have 7 done so far! Not a lot, I know, but 7 more than this time last year. This card uses the sketch for Viva La Verve April week 1, allthough it is a definite stretch. I am usually very strict in my interpretation but I just couldn't make it all work with the elements I chose. It is there if you look really hard, promise! It also uses the Our Daily Bread Designs challene to used birds. I am NOT into the latest craze of birds so I do not have any real bird stamps. But I figured a good way to use a bird was to really make it stand out, hence the red (cardinal) bird on the tree. Didn't really think one was enough, so I added more to the inside on the sentiment. The birds, the "Peace" (inked from a word in a longer quote) and the tree are from PTI's "Through the trees" The sentiment on the inside is from Verve's "Richly Blessed". I used spellbinders classic oval large, labels one and fleur de lis pendant dies, cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and Martha Stewart snowflake punch. Rhinestone and red paper are from SU!

1 comment:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Heather!! I love all the white and the embossing with the pop of red. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.