Saturday, April 9, 2011

Just Because

This card uses the JUGS #79 technique challenge to use baby wipes and reinkers as a stamp pad, and the Sweet Stop Challenge #103 sketch. I don't own any reinkers so I tried using markers on the baby wipe (I do have plenty of those around with a set of 2 year old twins!). It maybe didn't work as well as the reinkers, but it did give a really cool watercolor effect. I used an image from Damask Designs by PTI and stamped it three different times trying to reink between each. The "just because" sentiment is from Celebrating You by Verve. I used a standard circles large die from spellbinders and embossed it using the small pendant die from the fleur de lis set. You will notice the third picture doesn't fit at all, but there is a method to the madness. : ) That card showcases two zipper flowers that I made for the JUGS challenge two weeks ago and was not able to enter it due to computer troubles. I guess I just wanted to show it off. Love how they came out and might have to try them again.



5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Your work is so PRETTY!!~

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic! I haven't done the diaper wipe technique for some time....thanks for the inspiration! Love the second card....wonder if I still own that set...must look! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop!

Maria said...

Lovely job with the technique and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

What a cool technique. Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop!!

Kathryn B said...

Nice job with this weeks technique Heather!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!