Saturday, April 16, 2011

Get Your Diva On

Verve is hosting their monthly Get Your Diva On challenge this week. It is a recipe challenge based on the first letter of your name. My challenge (since I start with an H) was to used twine, buttons and brads as my embellishments, the colors pink, turquoise and brown, and 4 layers or a circle card. I made a card for a bridal shower I attended today (hence the love theme). I used a bunch of new "toys" I just got this week from Papertrey Ink: the mat stack 2 die and the coordinating mat stack 2 stamp set. LOVE it!! Oh yeah, I also used the button (#1 I think) die to make my buttons. This twine treatment was inspired by Julee (Verve's owner) on this card she posted this week. So fun! The sentiment on the inside is from SU!'s Versatile Verses and the flourishes are from the Mat Stack 2 set.

4 comments:

Ravengirl said...

Very pretty! Love your swirly twine, it's a great look!

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooooo gorgeous..I luv the vintage look and feel...fabby!

I saw on SCS where you said you did not know how to resize your photo, it is fine that you put up your blog post. But if you would like to know, you can go to a great site for changing lots of things on your cards, it is Picnik. Once you log in, upload a photo, there is a place to resize your photo, they are good at 525 pxl on the longest side....I hope this helps. Here is the link.....
http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome

Let me know if you need any other help...have a great day!

enjoy *~*

Jennipher said...

Great card Heather. I am your newest follower.

Amber Hight said...

Wow, that twine is amazing! Love this! Thanks for playihg with us:)