Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Box of Spring

Spring has finally arrived here in the Northeast! This week's JUGS challenge was to create something 3-D with a spin: it had to reflect spring. I created a 3x3 box to hold notecards (maybe). I used this tutorial by Laurie Schmidlin, or at least I tried, but had to change it a bit due to the fact my top paper didn't FIT! Measuring is not my thing, so I just trimmed it down and used it as a layer. The blue and green cs are from PTI, the dotted paper is DCWV and the jeweled brad is from SU! I used a labels one die, and three of the standard circles large dies to create the flower. I drew the leaves and cut them out by hand.






2 comments:

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh how lovely! Your box is adorable! I like the paper on the lid trimmed as a separate panel. Lucky mistake for you, huh? :]

Thanks a bunch for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Kathryn B said...

Love the colors you used Heather! Your flower is so cool and just popped right out at me! Great job with this weeks tempalate challenge! Hope you play along tomorrow for an all new fun challenge!