Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweet Stop 95 and Off The Wall Craftiness45


This week's Sweet Stop sketch challenge is the inspiration for this Valentine's Day card for my in-laws. The digital image is from by lori designs and was part of a fantastic package put together by Jak Heath; donations to benefit a young woman named Katie who is battling cancer. Check out Jak's site to read the whole story. The image is supposed to be three little boys (representing Katie's boys), but as I have three girls--two of them twins--I added pigtails and pleats to the shorts to make them skirts. The love stamp is from SU! The card also fits the theme of Off The Wall Craftiness this week which is to use hearts and/go vintage. Now I'm not a vintage girl, but I did age the image with brown ink to soften it up a bit, and there is definitely a heart.








5 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

I love how you adapted the image to fit your family! Thanks for sharing the story behind the image for Katie. Thanks for playing along with OTWC this week!

Lori said...

I love the image, so fun!! Great card!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! How cute! Love the sweet image!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cuteness!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love how you've cut out those flowers to overlay your image. Thanks for playing along at OTWC.