Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love for Daddy

This will be my last posting of Valentine's Day cards for this year! yeay!! getting kind of tired of them myself. I made this one for my three girls to give to their Daddy. It uses the JUGS challenge to use the spotlight technique and the Our Daily Bread Designs "Have a HEART" challenge: use three of the following H. hemp, E. embossing, A. any Daily Bread image or sentiment, R. ribbon or lace, T. tearing or distressing. I don't have any hemp or Daily Bread stamps, so I had to go with the remainging three: embossing (cuttlebug embossing folder), ribbon, and tearing/distressing. The image is from by Lori Designs (see my previous post for info about it). The stamps are from Verve, can't think of what the name is; it's an all sentiment set dedicated to the men in your life.

4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet!! I am sure the girls Daddy appreciated this very much. How darling!! Gorgeous use of the H.E.A.R.T. recipe and the spotlighting technique. I agree that I too am tired of making Valentine cards. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Andrea M said...

Egads!!! I love this card!!!! What a perfect spotlight and a sweet, sweet card to boot! Gorgeous sentiment too! What a great take on the challenge!!! Wonderful work! So glad you could play along with us at Just Us Girls!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Heather, what a sweet card and a perfect fit for this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Thanks for taking the time to play along! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

AKiteFlier said...

Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week. We appreciate your participation. Have a great week - hope to see you again Saturday. Totally adorable use of spotlight!!!