Sunday, February 13, 2011

Elephant love

This is the Valentine's Day card for my youngest daughter using this week's sketch from Waltzingmouse. I had to sit and think for a while on how best to really stay true to the sketch as it really caught my interest! I cut out the window using one of the oval nesties and backed it with acetate so I could suspend the adorable little elephants. All the stamps are from "To the Moon" from Verve; look closely and you can see I stamped and cut out the moon from the set and adhered to the inside of the card so it peeks out the window. The last picture shows the little matching box I made to hold her treats.





8 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute gift ensemble Heather! Love the little elephant! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a great take on the sketch! I think this is the first true mirror image I've seen! Great job and thank you for playing with us at WMSC this week!

Savitri said...

Aaaaw, too stinkin' cute!! The elephant's just adorable!! Thanks for playing with the WMSC!

Deborah Frings said...

This is so cute!! Love the elephant and lovely colours too.

Ruth M said...

Gorgeous creations! What a great way to utilise the sketch, love your acetate window and the moon behind. Love the matching gift box too!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet box and card! love the window card and the cute elephants!! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch!

Heather said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love those little elephants :) Never occurred to me to cut out the oval, what a great idea!

FLEUR de Lo said...

That upside-down reflection is such a fun idea! Little ones would love it!