Sunday, February 20, 2011

Birthday Wishes

My oldest daughter's birthday is next month and I am getting a jump on things this year. This is her birthday card; she has a little stuffed bear (Ty Pluffy, Slumbers) that looks just like this little guy (at least the way I colored him!). This is the Waltzingmouse sketch for this week. The bear (which I stamped and colored three times then cut out various parts and popped them up on pop dots), sentiment and stars are from "To the Moon" by Verve, the flourish is from Inkadinkado. Papers are all DCWV. The button is a clear button; I traced around it onto green cardstock, cut it out and tied it to the button with twine.


5 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Awww...how adorable this is. I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with this card. I love the dimension you achieved with all the layers of your bear. He looks great. Thanks for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! I love the little bear peeking over the edge, a lovely card.

Jean Martin said...

This is soo cute! I love the bear peeking there and the lovely scroll beside the star. So glad you could join us at WMSC this week! :)

Gerdine said...

I love it! Your daughter will be happy with this card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Very cute, I love the dotted start with the feature bear, too cute! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!