Friday, February 5, 2010

Papertrey Ink-resist emboss challenge


After trying this challenge, I discovered that I really need to invest in some good quality embossing powder! The old stuff I have just doesn't cut it. I entered it anyway, and it doesn't look too bad. I followed Nicole's lead, using a text for my background and then stamped and embossed my favorite image from Damask Designs--perhapse the most gorgeous set I own and one of the very few I have from PTI. I had black and white cardstock out from a previous project and decided to throw in a little splash of red for some additional contrast. Unfortunately, you can't see the sentiment very well. It is also from Damask Designs: Happy Birthday to you, and I masked off the "to you" so it would fit in a nice strip along the bottom.

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Heather! This card is stunning! Damask Designs by PTI is one of my faves too, I just don't show it enough love! You did such a fantastic job with this technique! Isn't fun to try something new?

Betty Wright said...

I love this, Heather! The emboss resist with the script and damask is wonderful!